Meridancollege informs you clearly and quickly what e-learning can mean for you and your organization. Alle our courses Courses include English Grammar and Essay Writing.
We offer the following online courses
Categories: Language | Test Prep | Grammar | Writing | Composition
We currently offer the following online language courses:
- English for beginners
- Advanced English
- French for beginners
- Advanced French
- Spanish for beginners
- Advanced Spanish
- Italian for beginners
- Advanced Italian
- German for beginners
- Advanced German
- Dutch for beginners
- Advanced Dutch
- Chinese for beginners (Learn Basic Mandarin)
- Advanced Chinese
What are the benefits of e-learning?
The most important advantages:
- Flexibility: you learn time and place independently. There is access to the learning environment 24 hours and seven days a week. You no longer need to be at location Y at time X.
- Saving time: As a student you already save time: you no longer have any travel time. You can also skip the chapters in elearning that you already know. For employers, elearning makes it possible to train many people in a relatively short period of time. In addition, he knows that all employees are offered the same content and the content of elearning can also be adjusted relatively quickly.
- Didactic: e-learning makes it possible to help you further with experts and sources, to which you otherwise have much more difficult access. It is also better to respond to the different learning objectives and learning styles of students.
- Recording progress: the learning environment automatically records what the student does in the course, how far he gets, what grades he gets for the test and where he may drop out in the e learning and test.
Are there any disadvantages?
If there are so many advantages, are there any disadvantages? Hell yes.
- Of course, by following elearning you will miss contact with other students and you will not learn from each other.
- There are also many elearnings that have not exceeded the level of the digitized book, making them boring and annoying. Some elearnings disappoint because the content and form do not meet the expectations you had beforehand.
- Another common problem is that elearning is too elaborate on matters, which means it contains a lot of content that is not relevant. The result is that going through elearning takes more time than is necessary. Creators of elearning must adhere to the adage “elearning is the Art of Omission”. If they do not do this, you as a student will not be taken on a fun and varied way on the online learning trip.
What is e-larning?
“E-learning” is the collective name for shaping learning situations (formal and informal) using information and communication technology (in particular internet technology). E-learning is used within company training courses and within education.
The term “e-learning” is not yet old. Initially there was talk about web-based learning, telelearning or online learning. Analogous to “e-business” and “e-commerce”, the term “e-learning” has been used since about 1999.